Effective Date: November 2, 2021
Collection of Personal Information
Information We Collect Directly We have developed our Site so that you may visit it without being required to provide your name, email address or similar personal information. However, certain features of the Site may include features or services that permit you to enter contact information and other information about
you, such as your name, address and e-mail address. We may collect personal information without you entering it on the Site, including by obtaining it from public sources or from third parties, and use it to send you information we think may be of interest to you, where permitted by law. If you don’t want to receive information from us, you can follow the instructions below to stop those messages
Information We Collect Automatically
- Performance/Analytics: We use these cookies to analyze how the Site is accessed, used or is performing. We use this information to maintain, operate and continually improve the Site. We may also obtain information from our e-mail newsletters, to learn whether you opened or forwarded the newsletter or clicked on any of the content. This information tells us about our newsletters’ effectiveness and helps us ensure that we’re delivering information that you find interesting.
- Advertising: Interest-based advertising is the collection of data across different websites and/or difference devices for the purpose of tailoring advertising based on preferences or interests known or inferred from the data collected. We allow third parties, such as Google, Facebook, and Twitter, who assist us in serving advertising regarding the Site when you leave the Site, to collect or receive information from our website and elsewhere on the internet and use that information to provide measurement services and target ads.
If you do not want to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject them. However, if you turn cookies off, you may not have access to some of the Site’s services and features. We also may allow third parties to issue cookies, pixels, web beacons and other tracking technologies on our Site to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the operations of our Site. You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, Adchoices (for Canada) and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device.
Information from Social Media
When you interact with the Site through a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from the Site), we may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page, including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts. If you choose to log in to your account with or through a social networking service, we and that service may share certain information about you and your activities.
Information Collected Under “Grants”
Use and Sharing of Personal Information
We may use information you give us to:
- Communicate with you, including to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- Provide, maintain, personalize, optimize, and improve the Site, including research and
analytics regarding use of the Site, or to remember you when you leave and return to the
- Make decisions about approving and funding grants;
- Provide you with more relevant content in email bulletins to which you may be subscribed;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or
We may share your personal information with third party service providers, affiliates and agents who use the information to help us respond to your requests and to perform services on our behalf. We may also share information with third parties who we think have a similar mission to ours to enable them to reach you with similar or related messages. We do not rent or sell your personal information to third parties.
Additional Information About our Information Collection and Sharing Practices
We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing the Site. We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
Data Storage, Location, and Duration
Retention of Personal Information
Personal information that we collect, access or process will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected, unless otherwise provided in agreements between you and RFCC or as required or authorized by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made deidentified.
Information You Provide About Others
For Users in the EEA and Switzerland
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, the following information applies.
Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing personal information: As explained above, we process personal information in various ways depending upon your use of our Site. We process personal information on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreements; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy.
Transfers: Personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates, partners, or service providers maintain facilities. We will ensure that transfers of personal information to a third country or an international organization are subject to appropriate safeguards as described in Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Individual Rights: If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you are entitled to the following rights. Please note: In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with Personal Information prior to accessing any records containing information about you.
- The right to access. You have the right to obtain information about our processing of personal data and a copy of your personal data that we store.
- The right to rectify your data. You have the right to request that we update your personal
data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to request data erasure. You have the right to have your personal information erased from our files if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- The right to restrict or object to our processing. You have the right to restrict or object to our processing if we are processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
- The right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with your data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
Use of the Site by Children
We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of the United States and similar laws around the world where applicable. Our Site is not specifically targeted to children, we do not actively solicit information from children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children without proper parental consent. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the applicable age of consent without parental consent, please write to us at the physical address set forth below in the section “Inquiries” or email email@example.com and we will promptly address the issue.
To Stop Receiving Messages From Us
If you wish to stop receiving messages from us, click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any message you receive from us.
The Global Energy Alliance for People and Planet (GEAPP), The Rockefeller Foundation
420 Fifth Avenue
New York, New York 10018-2702
Tel: 212-869-8500/Fax: 212-764-3468
Restrictions on Use of Content; Copyright
Unless otherwise noted, all materials on this Site are protected as the copyrights, trade dress and trademarks and/or other intellectual properties owned by RF Catalytic Capital, The Rockefeller Foundation and/or its grantees or affiliates, or by other parties that have licensed their material to us. We expressly reserve all rights to this Site and our materials under U.S. and international laws. You may copy or distribute the text materials contained in this Site but only for personal, noncommercial, educational or public policy use, distributed free of charge, provided that you include the following copyright notice on all copies: “RF Catalytic Capital, . All rights reserved.” and provided that attribution to any additional author is noted. The materials contained in this Site may not be modified or altered in any way. You may not copy or distribute any photograph, illustration, artwork, video, or other graphic material contained on this Site for any use without first obtaining written permission from RF Catalytic Capital (at firstname.lastname@example.org or the address and numbers listed below) and any other applicable copyright owner(s). Except as described above, you may not copy, distribute, enter into a database, display, perform, create derivative works of, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of our Site, including computer programs and other coding.
You acknowledge and agree that RF CATALYTIC CAPITAL and GLOBAL ENERGY ALLIANCE FOR PEOPLE AND PLANET (GEAPP)’s name, logo and other registered trademarks and service marks (“Our Marks”) are trademarks of RFCC and The Rockefeller Foundation in the United States and other countries. You may not use Our Marks for any product or service that does not belong to us, nor in any manner that is likely to cause confusion about whether we are the source, affiliated with, sponsor of or endorser of any product or service. In addition, you may not use Our Marks in any manner that disparages or discredits us.
Registration and User Profiles
Links, Frames and Metatags
You may link to the home page of our Site as long as the link does not cast us in a false or misleading light. RFCC prefers advance notice of such linking which can be provided to our Communications Office at email@example.com or at the address and numbers listed below. You may not frame the content of our Site. You may not use metatags or any other “hidden text” that incorporates Our Trademarks or our name without our express prior written consent.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Site contains links to other websites that we think may be of interest and provide them as a convenience to you. We have no control over these other sites and our links to them do not constitute our endorsement of these websites or their content. You should be aware when you leave our Site for another, and remember that other sites are governed by their own user agreements and privacy policies, which you should be sure to read. You agree that any visits to linked sites are at your own risk and are governed by their terms and policies.
Blogs, Discussion Boards and Online Forums
Most of the information and opinions expressed in materials posted by visitors on blogs, discussion boards, lists or other similar venues of our Site (“Forums”) is provided by third parties, like you. We make no representations or warranties regarding such posted materials and do not monitor, control or accept liability for any information posted to the Forums. Our forums are public, not private communications. Therefore, any personal information you voluntarily disclose may be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages. We specifically disclaim responsibility for such third party usage of any information posted to the Forums.
By entering this Site or participating in or posting to any Forum, you represent and warrant to us the following: For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which you acknowledge by your entry to this website or your participation in or posting to any Forum, you shall not submit, upload or post to any Forum any text, graphic material or other information or data (singly or collectively, “content”) that (1) libels, defames, invades privacy or is obscene, pornographic, abusive or threatening; (2) infringes any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity, including but not limited to, infringement of copyrights or trademarks; (3) falsifies or deletes author attributions, legal notices, or other proprietary designations; (4) violates any law; (5) contains viruses, corrupted files or other materials that may cause damage to another’s computer; (6) advertises or otherwise solicits funds or sales of goods or services, or (7) contains “lobbying” or “electioneering” materials within the meaning of the United States Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended. You agree not to interfere with the operation of the Site or any user’s enjoyment of the Site, including without limitation by attempting to collect personal information about users or third parties without their consent or interfering with or disrupting any networks, equipment, or servers connected to or used to provide the Site, or violating the regulations, policies, or procedures of such networks, equipment, or servers.
Content posted on any Forum remains the intellectual property of the individual user. By posting such content on our Site, you expressly grant RFCC and The Rockefeller Foundation a nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up worldwide, fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, perform and display such content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in such content, in whole or in part, and in any form throughout the world in any media or technology, whether now known or hereafter discovered, including all promotion, advertising, marketing, merchandising, publicity and any other ancillary uses thereof, and including the unfettered right to sublicense such rights, in perpetuity throughout the universe. Any such content is deemed nonconfidential, and RFCC and The Rockefeller Foundation shall be under no obligation to maintain the confidentiality of any information, in whatever form, contained in any content.
By posting any content on any Forum, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless RFCC, The Rockefeller Foundation, and Third Parties, if any, from and against any and all third party claims, demands, fines, penalties, damages, liabilities, costs, fees, expenses or amounts of any kind or nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, arising or resulting from or in connection with your breach of the foregoing representations and warranties to us.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Release and Indemnity
For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which you acknowledge by your entry to this Site or participation in or posting to any Forum, you hereby agree to release and waive any and all claims and/or liability against RFCC, The Rockefeller Foundation, and Third Parties, if any, arising from or in connection with your use of this Site. You also agree to indemnify and hold harmless RFCC, The Rockefeller Foundation, and Third Parties, if any, from and against any and all third party claims, demands, fines, penalties, damages, liabilities, costs, fees, expenses or amounts of any kind or nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, arising or resulting from or in connection with your use of this Site or failure to abide by any applicable law. You also agree to cooperate fully in the defense of any of the foregoing.
Copyright Complaints; DMCA Compliance
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and request that Site users do the same. If you believe that your work has been infringed under copyright law, please follow the instructions below for notifying our Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) designated agent.
- To file a notice of infringing material found on our Site, please provide a notification containing the following details:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to be infringed or, if multiple works, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material on our Site that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Your contact information (address, telephone number and, if available, an email address);
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material identified in (2) is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is alleged to be infringed; and
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
Please send this notice to:
DMCA Agent: Erica Guyer, c/o The Rockefeller Foundation, 420 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10018-2702 USA
Attn: Erica Guyer, DMCA Agent +1-212-852-8203
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to Users Outside of the United States
Effective Date: November 2, 2021
Copyright 2021 RF Catalytic Capital.
All Rights Reserved